Monday, 11 October 2010

Repaint done!

The main repainting portion of the house is done! I spent a good chunk of last night bashing the walls into the floor wit ha tent peg (I couldn't find a hammer). The roof is currently loosely balanced on the top of the house as I want to create wallpaper templates for the top floor of the house first.

Repaint front

Repaint front 2

Repaint top


Repaint side

It's really quite messy inside, with all the paint sloppily outside of the protruding bits. Good thing wallpaper will cover it up.

Repaint inside

It's also really quite dark. The hubby and I were talking about putting some led lights in there eventually.

Repaint inside 2

I'm really pleased with the way it came out. It actually almost looks like wood! The overall colour scheme came out rather on the dark side, but eh. I'm wondering if I should have left the railings white or painted them a lighter colour.

There are still lots of things to be done, wallpapering, creating a bakery case, food, counter, mini tables (I really should have bougth those mini popsticks I saw in Adelaide), umbrellas, a pond, some shrubbery... And maybe I'll repaint that veggie patch bootleg that came with the house. And those Sylvanian books! I need to paint those too!

Sunday, 10 October 2010

Remodelling a bootleg and wip phone charms

I've been in the process of remodeling a bootleg Sylvanian house on and off for about a year now. It's a bootleg of the JP Red Roofed House. I'm hoping to eventually make the bottom floor into a little cafe with an outdoor area and with living quarters on the upper floor.


It comes as a kit you have to put together yourself, which makes it much easier if you want to repaint it.


So far, I've repainted the floor, roof and doors with spray paint.


I've forgotten to take a proper picture of all the walls together so that'll have to wait till tomorrow.

I've repainted the walls with acrylics and attempted to create some sort of faux wood texture :P Not really sure what kind of wood it would be though, it was more a combination of whatever browns I managed to get my hands on. The building looked to me like it would be some sort of log cabin, so that was the effect I was aiming for.


I've since put on a clear coat of varnish over the pieces and hope to be able to put the house together and fix up any odds and ends tomorrow.

I actually like bootlegged furniture more sometimes, I can mess around with them without caring about potentially destroying them... And they're cheap. I'm hoping to do similar customisations to the new cheapo original but damaged awesome bargain stock of Sylvanian stuff I recently bought XD I can't wait till it arrives!

Lastly, some WIP turtle melon pan phone charms I'm making and hoping to sell on etsy once I manage to produce enough variety of stock to my satisfaction.


I have to come up with a nice, short and memorable etsy store name. I'm thinking of something to do with little slices of happiness or something, if that even makes any sense.