Wednesday 3 November 2010

Loot :P

I had intended on updating earlier, and now it's November :/ I've wallpapered the house, but I'm not really satisfied with the way it looks and am considering re-papering the kitchen. Wallpapering is amazingly time consuming. Making the initial templates with strips of paper, then using those to make sturdier templates with card stock. After that trimming the cutout wallpaper pieces in order to make them fit better. I'm sure there's a better way to do this, but I haven't thought of it yet...

The dollhouse project is on hold while I prepare for the Pinky St contest. I hope I get my entry done on time :s Deadline's the 11th.Too much procrastination from this person.

Anyway I wanted to blog about my recent acquisitions :D

My hubby got me some Re-Ment for my birthday from Angolz. I will never choose that site to shop from again. =_= Their customer service is HORRIBLE. They take days to answer enquiries or tell you something is out of stock, list things that are unavailable as being available, and then fail to give the correct refund amount back, and neglect to adjust shipping as required. They still owe the hubby $5 but he's sick of chasing them around so he's letting it go. Angolz is dodgy as hell.

Photobucket

I'm going to have to take better more detailed photos of the sets after the Pinky contest :P

I got the European Grandma and Cooking with Teddy sets! I'm really happy with the European Grandma set, it's awesome! I love all the little utensils, pots, cans and plates. My only complaint is that some of the items may be a little on the large side.

The Teddy set disappointed me a little. There seems to be less items per set, and some of the items on the bears are not removable.


Photobucket

I got a pile of Sylvanian stuff from the budget corner of BeHappy. This area of the store stocks items that have had their boxes damaged, items missing or the product itself damaged in some way at a discounted price. Some of the discounts are really good, and I chuck the boxes most of the time anyway. I didn't get everything I wanted, but I got quite a good chunk anyway.

The customer service at BeHappy's really good, they answer emails really fast and are polite and friendly. They are even sending me another Sylvanian polar bear because they sent me the wrong one. Honestly, I hadn't even noticed. They were identical damaged sets, and only the damaged spots were different. I love BeHappy!

All this stuff is making me feel really, really spoiled and greedy =_= I feel rather guilty for spending this much money and for asking for such an expensive present, even though the hubby says it's okay... :/ Actually, I feel best when I'm modifying or creating something and it turns out good. There's nothing like the satisfaction of completing a project and seeing the thing you've envisioned in your mind in good solid reality. I also don't feel so bad about the money I've spent when it's for a project. I feel like I'm really putting the money to good use. Just collecting makes me feel rather guilty. Looks like I'm gonna have to modify some of the things I just bought! JI wish I could find second hand cheap Sylvanian doll houses in Lincoln. Like in the op shop or in a garage sale or something. That would be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment