Wednesday 5 January 2011

Various small mods

Woo! First post of 2011! XD (I actually wrote 2010 and had to go back and edit it =A=)


This post is almost a duplicate of a small mods thread I just posted on the Sylvanian Families message board. It just contains more blah blahing here. I thought I'd show my Sylvanian mods on my blog too!

I got a PC Bobby Roberts bike with a secondhand post office building I bought and decided to repaint it and turn it into a postman's bike. I'm quite happy with the way the colour scheme's worked out, but it's still a bit sticky now. I originally tried to paint the spokes on the tyres with silver acrylics, but it looked so uneven and clumpy in the end that I took off all the paint and some of the black tyre paint as well. That was unexpected, as I thought that black was the default colour of the plastic. Turns out the plastic is the same default colour as the original body of the bike--blue. I spray painted the tyres chrome and then painted on the black by hand with some enamel Tamiya paint that William gave me. The fumes...

Before:
Photobucket

After:
Photobucket

I also spray painted the cans that came with my Sylvanian Village bakery chrome as I didn't like the default dull grey colour. The scratches on the top are from me trying to sand the seam lines down. Didn't work very well... I think I'd been using sandpaper that was too coarse on it. Well, lesson learnt!

Before:
Photobucket

After:
Photobucket

I also painted the tops of these bottles from the reissued green vanity. Originally they were one solid colour. Solid colours tend to make things look more plasticky and cheap IMHO.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment